Meditation and Awakening
A Teacher Training with Jeff Carreira
that will catalyze breakthrough spiritual experiences
and empower you to teach from your own deepest realization of Truth
October 2018 – September 2019
I am very excited to announce that I will be offering my first teacher training in over 10 years.
In 2007 I started a teacher training program and over the next two years I trained over 120 people around the world and almost every one of them taught successfully to public audiences.
That training program was wildly successful, but limited in scope in that people were learning to teach a specific curriculum.
This training will be very different and it has taken 10 years for me to feel ready to offer it and I couldn’t be more excited.
The Meditation and Awakening Teacher Training that I am offering now is much more in-depth.
And it is not a training in a specific curriculum.
It is a training through which I intend to work with no more than 12 people in a year of training that will allow you to master some of the universal truths and challenges of guiding people into a deep recognition of the inherent freedom of their true being.
You will not be following a formula. Over the course of the training you will deepen your own connection to inherent freedom and you will discover how you can best share that with others.
You will discover and develop your own unique teaching style and voice.
This will be an intensive training that will catalyze breakthrough spiritual experiences beyond anything you have had before and the experience you have during the course of the year will be the source of empowerment that will allow you to teach from your own deepest realization of Truth.
You will learn to teach meditation as a practice of immediate recognition and how to support others to avoid being overly focused on meditative technique.
You will learn to inspire people to release themselves from self-imposed constrictions and limitations by providing glimpses of the radically liberated nature of their true being.
You will become a teacher who can consistently redirect awareness away from the hypnotic and tantalizing praise of the mundane toward the ever-abiding liberated state of consciousness. In this way you will learn to support people to keep their attention directed toward the reality of who they are.
You will learn to teach meditation in the style that I call The Practice of No Problem.
You will study profound ideas and perspectives that will allow you to share facilitate the recognition of awakened consciousness.
You will explore many of the challenges and pitfalls of the audacious undertaking of teaching in this way.
And you will develop your own teaching style. This training is about you becoming the teacher that you were meant to be, not an imitation of me.
You will also be fully supported to teach publicly during the year of training so that you will have real experience when the training ends.
The teachings, discussions and practices that you engage with in this training will give you the confidence to manifest your own highest potentials while bringing others into a direct recognition of theirs.
And you will not be left on your own when the training is done.
Upon successful completion of this program you will be part of a teaching team and if you wish information about you and your work will be published on a webpage along with the other certified teachers that I have trained.
I want to train a group of teachers that I can continue to work with. I want you to be successful not just in the training but as a teacher after the training.
All of my work is aimed at generating a shift in paradigm for as many people as possible. The best way for me to support that miraculous shift is to train people like you to become the teacher you were meant to be.
With this training I am offering spiritual empowerment to a select group of people. I intend to support each trainee to blossom into a teacher in their own right and I am approaching this entire process with the rigorousness that it deserves.
I am limiting this training to 12 people because of the depth of engagement I will have with each of you.
That being said, I don’t want to scare you off. If you feel drawn to this possibility. If your heart opens and sings at the thought of emerging as your truest self then please apply.
There is nothing that necessarily disqualifies you from this opportunity and you may be a more perfect candidate than you think.
And even if this turns out not to be the right time for you to do the training you will learn a lot just by going through the application process.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a teacher of meditation and awakening.
Overview of the Training
This is a 300 hour intensive training taking place over one year. The program will be demanding and rigorous and will include study, discussion, spiritual practice, teaching practice and the completion of one public teaching event.
The program is split into 10 training modules. The first 7 modules focus on critical elements involved in teaching meditation and awakening, This set of 7 modules begins and ends with a 4-day in-person retreat.
The final three modules of the program are aimed at preparing for, marketing and offering your first public meditation class. In these modules you will be coached through all aspects of successfully planning for and producing a public class including: creating your class sales webpage, a personal profile webpage for yourself, your class curriculum, a marketing plan, email list building and marketing copy training.
During the month of September 2019 all trainees will be supported as they teach their public meditation class.
Once you have successfully completed this program you will feel confident in your ability to guide people through the subtle territory of meditation and awakening AND you will feel confident in your ability to vision, plan and produce your classes.
Elements of the Training
Two 4-Day Retreats
The training begins with an opening Retreat from Wednesday, October 24 to Sunday, October 28, 2018. The retreat will be held at the Pendle Hill Retreat Center in Philadelphia PA.
In this opening retreat Jeff will introduce essential insights involved in the teaching of meditation and awakening. You will also dive into intensive meditation practice and explore your experience of meditation in deep dialog with Jeff and other trainees.
Upon completion of the first seven content-oriented modules of the training we will gather again for our second retreat taking place from Wednesday, July 3 to Sunday, July 7 2019. This retreat will also be held at the Pendle Hill Retreat Center in Philadelphia PA.
In our second retreat you will review all of the work that was done throughout the first seven modules. In addition each trainee will give a practice teaching session and receive constructive reflection from Jeff and other trainees.
90-min Online Seminars with Jeff
The program includes 22 opportunities to engage with Jeff virtually. These seminars will take place on Sundays from 3:00pm to 4:30pm Eastern Time and held via video conferencing.
These seminars will be used in a variety of ways through the year, but generally they serve two main functions.
- Content Discussion Seminars: These seminars will be devoted to deepening your understanding of the insights and perspectives that are essential to successfully sharing meditation and awakening.
- Group Coaching Seminars: These seminars will be devoted to trainees receiving coaching from Jeff on all elements of teaching and producing public classes.
90-min Online Seminars
One-Hour Peer Workshops
At the start of this training you will be assigned to a small group that you will work with over the course of the year. As a small group you will meet via conference call during weeks that you do not meet in a 90-min seminar with Jeff.
These conference calls will be used in a variety of ways through the year, but generally they serve three main functions.
- Content Discussion Calls: These calls will be devoted to deepening your understanding of the insights and perspectives that are essential to successfully sharing meditation and awakening.
- Practice Teaching Calls: In each of these calls one trainee will have 30-min to teach about an element of meditation and offer a guided meditation to the others. The second half of each call will be devoted to a group discussion of the teaching that was offered.
- Peer Support Calls: Once you begin planning, preparing and producing your public class the small group conference calls will be used to support each other through that process.
Mid-Year Teaching Audio and Individual Coaching Call with Jeff
Midway through the first seven content-oriented modules you will be asked to record one of your thirty minute teachings from one of your small group practice teaching calls. This recording will be sent to Jeff to review and then you and he will have an hourlong one-on-one coaching call to discuss how your ability to teach has developed so far in the program.
1 Coaching Call with Jeff
Detailed Outline of Training Modules
This training is organized into 10 modules. The first seven modules are centered around specific content themes. In each of these seven modules you will study and discuss a critical aspect of what it means to teach meditation and awakening. The final three modules are devoted to preparing for, marketing and teaching your first public class.
Wednesday, October 24 to Sunday October, 28
Pendle Hill Retreat Center
338 Plush Mill Road
Wallingford, PA 19086-6023
Sharing the Pure Essence of Meditation
October 28 to December 8, 2018
The Practice of No Problem by Jeff Carreira
In the first module you will learn to teach the essence of letting go using the meditation instructions of having no problem. In this module you will be guided to stabilize your own consciousness in a deep recognition of spiritual freedom. From this depth of awareness it is easy to guide others into their own experience of freedom.
- Week of October 28: Small Group Content Discussion Call
- November 4: Content Discussion Seminar with Jeff (3 to 4:30pm Eastern)
- Week of November 11: Small Group Content Discussion Call
- November 18: Group Coaching Seminar with Jeff (3 to 4:30pm Eastern)
- Week of November 25: Small Group Practice Teaching Call
- December 2: Group Coaching Seminar with Jeff (3 to 4:30pm Eastern)
Pointing Out the Truth of Who We Already Are
December 9, 2018 to January 19, 2019 (includes Winter Break week)
The Spiritual Teachings of Ramana Maharshi by Ramana Maharshi
In this second module we will explore the spiritual teachings of Ramana Maharshi paying particular attention to his method of Self Inquiry and his instructions for how a Self-Realized person relates to the world. My spiritual training was in the lineage of Ramana Maharshi and a deep understanding of his teaching will allow you to illuminate the profound truth of who we really are.
- Week of December 9: Small Group Practice Teaching Call
- December 16: Content Discussion Seminar with Jeff (3 to 4:30pm Eastern)
- Week of December 23: WINTER BREAK WEEK
- Week of December 30: Small Group Practice Teaching Call
- Week of January 6: Small Group Practice Teaching Call
- January 13: Group Coaching Seminar with Jeff (3 to 4:30pm Eastern)
Guidance that Releases Wanting and Grasping
January 20 to February 16, 2019
Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism by Chogyam Trungpa
In the third module you will learn about the challenges and pitfalls of spiritual materialism and how to teach people to avoid them. Trungpa’s classic text is a detailed exploration of the subtle ways that we try to possess spiritual freedom as if it were an object that could be owned. You will learn to inspire others to embrace the pristine state of liberation without making it something to be known, understood or possessed.
- January 20: Content Discussion Seminar with Jeff (3 to 4:30pm Eastern)
- Week of January 27: Small Group Practice Teaching Call
- February 3: Group Coaching Seminar with Jeff (3 to 4:30pm Eastern)
- Week of February 10: Small Group Practice Teaching Call
Empowering Radical Independence
February 17 to March 16, 2019
Freedom from the Known by J. Krishnamurti
In the fourth module we will use the writing of J. Krishnamurti to explore the radical independence of mind that is required to truly liberate ourselves from the cultural assumptions and personal conditioning that shape us. The true seeker of Truth must be willing to stand outside of consensus and agreement and come to there own conclusions regardless of the opposition they may face.
- February 17: Content Discussion Seminar with Jeff (3 to 4:30pm Eastern)
- Week of February 24: Small Group Practice Teaching Call
- March 3: Group Coaching Seminar with Jeff (3 to 4:30pm Eastern)
- Week of March 10: Small Group Practice Teaching Call
Opening to Love and Devotion
March 17 to April 13, 2019
New Seeds of Contemplation by Thomas Merton
In the fifth module we turn to the Christian mystic Thomas Merton to explore the power of silence and solitude and our connection with divinity. The contemplative mind is open to the illumination that comes directly from divinity. You will learn how to guide people into direct contact with the source of divinity so that their mind can be illuminated with sacred wisdom and insight.
- March 17: Content Discussion Seminar with Jeff (3 to 4:30pm Eastern)
- Week of March 24: Small Group Practice Teaching Call
- March 31: Group Coaching Seminar with Jeff (3 to 4:30pm Eastern)
- Week of April 7: Small Group Practice Teaching Call
Illuminating Beyond the Limits of Meditation
April 14 to May 18, 2019
Embrace Who You Already Are by Jeff Carreira
In the sixth module we will study Embrace All That You Are by Jeff Carreira and explore the most typical questions and difficulties that people encounter on the path to awakening. You will learn that meditating from the identity of the small self will never result in a lasting experience of the True Self. In this module you will learn how to teach people to meditate from the already liberated source of their being rather than as a means to attain freedom.
- April 14: Content Discussion Seminar with Jeff (3 to 4:30pm Eastern)
- Week of April 21: Small Group Practice Teaching Call
- April 28: Group Coaching Seminar with Jeff (3 to 4:30pm Eastern)
- Week of May 5: Small Group Practice Teaching Call
- Week of May 12: Small Group Practice Teaching Call
Awakening through Meditation
May 19 to July 7, 2019
No assigned reading
In the final content module of the training we will review the most significant insights and understanding from the first six modules. This will be an opportunity for Jeff to share his final thoughts on teaching meditation and awakening while compiling all of our previous work into a comprehensive understanding of how awakened mind and spiritual freedom can be shared in the context of teaching meditation. Included in this module we will discuss the delicate ethical issues involved with spiritual sharing to ensure that we bring only the highest benefit to everyone we work with.
- May 19: Content Discussion Seminar with Jeff (3 to 4:30pm Eastern)
- May 26: Group Coaching Seminar with Jeff (3 to 4:30pm Eastern)
- Week of June 2: Small Group Practice Teaching Call
- Week of June 9: Small Group Practice Teaching Call
- June 16: Group Coaching Seminar with Jeff (3 to 4:30pm Eastern)
- Week of June 23: Small Group Practice Teaching Call
- June 30: Group Coaching Seminar with Jeff (3 to 4:30pm Eastern)
Wednesday, July 3 to Sunday, July 7
Pendle Hill Retreat Center
338 Plush Mill Road
Wallingford, PA 19086-6023
Marketing and Promotion
July 14 to August 10, 2019
In this module you will be fully supported to set up a public webpage for your public class and a personal profile webpage for yourself. You will also create and initiate a marketing strategy to promote your public teaching. We will emphasizing how to engage successfully in the spiritual marketplace while maintaining integrity with our higher purpose.
- July 14: Content Discussion Seminar with Jeff (3 to 4:30pm Eastern)
- Week of July 21: Small Group Peer Support Call
- July 28: Group Coaching Seminar with Jeff (3 to 4:30pm Eastern
- August 4: Group Coaching Seminar with Jeff (3 to 4:30pm Eastern
August 11 to September 7, 2019
In this module you will plan the curriculum for your first public class. By the completion of this module you will submit your curriculum outline and have a date chosen and venue booked for your public class.
- Week of August 11: Small Group Peer Support Call
- Week of August 18: Small Group Peer Support Call
- Week of August 25: Small Group Peer Support Call
- September 1: Group Coaching Seminar with Jeff (3 to 4:30pm Eastern)
September 8 to September 29, 2019
In this module you will successfully teach your first public meditation class.
- Week of September 8: Small Group Peer Support Call
- September 15: Group Coaching Seminar with Jeff (3 to 4:30pm Eastern)
- Week of September 22: Small Group Peer Support Call
- September 29: Group Coaching Seminar with Jeff (3 to 4:30pm Eastern)
- Week of October 6: Small Group Peer Support Call
- Week of October 13: Small Group Peer Support Call
- October 20: Final Graduation Session with Jeff (3 to 4:30pm Eastern)
The Setting for the Two Retreats
The location of both retreats is Pendle Hill Quaker Retreat and Conference Center in Wallingford, Pennsylvania. Pendle Hill is located on the 24 beautiful and tranquil acres and offers a relaxing “world apart,” yet is within easy reach by car, plane, bus, or train.
Jeff Carreira has single pointedly pursued spiritual awakening for over twenty years. As the Director of Education of an international nonprofit organization he guided the spiritual growth and development of hundreds of individuals worldwide. He continues to lead groups of people through the mysteries of awakening and transformation guiding them into the profound depths of meditative practice and mystical inquiry. His sensitive and precise guidance will invite you into unlimited possibility. His direct and supportive manner of instruction consistently brings both experienced practitioners and novices alike to their most profound realizations.
We will be accepting applications from potential trainees until July 31, 2018. At that time those applicants whose experience and interests best match this training, will be scheduled for a final phone interview with Jeff.
The final group of trainees will be chosen based on the following criteria.
Previous Spiritual Work including:
- Past association and work with me and my teachings.
- History of spiritual work of a related nature.
- Any past experience as a spiritual teacher, coach or mentor.
Depth of Spiritual Experience including:
- The nature of past awakening experiences.
- Insights gained from past awakening experiences.
- Openness to going beyond your past experiences.
Capacity for Clear Articulation including:
- Clarity of expression in writing and speaking.
- Ability to empathize with another’s feelings or point of view.
- Capacity to recognize and respond to the level of another’s understanding.
Authenticity of Interest including:
- Sincere interest in supporting the awakening of others
- Your own love of spirit and divinity
- Your love can concern for the future of humanity
If you feel that your background and capacities are a good match for this training please complete the written application by clicking the button below.
Applications will be accepted until July 31st.
Final decisions will be announced by August 15th.
What others are saying about Jeff’s work
As someone who has done many spiritual and silent retreats, this one was a turning point for me. I returned home a different person. This change was noticed by everyone in my life.
Jeff held a space for opening and healing that was quiet, fluid, peaceful and accepting of everyone present. He is Masterful at bringing participants to a place of awakening and awareness with grace and humility. If you are serious about awakening to the truth of your being, you need Jeff as your guide.
With knowledge, experience and confidence ,born of a passion to serve, he will lead you safely home to your true nature.
It will be an investment of money and time that will go on giving for the ret of your life.
On this retreat I discovered a higher source of Love and a further dismantling of fear and self-concern. I see how vital We-Space community is in the creation of a new paradigm defined by Love and I feel highly motivated to be a part of one and contribute to creating communities that motivate and empower people.
During the Emergence Event I found myself awash with continuous energetic vibrations. I was moved into a new way of being, a new way of looking at life and my small self seemed to get smaller and smaller.
This was truly the first time I could really meditate. I have looked for a path that made sense and felt natural for a long time. This is what I’ve been seeking for decades.
During this event I had an experiential awakening. The shift was profound and subtle. The world brightened and I knew I was seeing through a higher part of myself. I feel more gratitude about life and I don’t judge myself harshly the way I used.
Wow, what a year of growth and learning! ….Do not be scared off by the prospect of exploring uncharted worlds. You will be led with openness and understanding by a master. One of Jeff’s greatest gifts is his ability to receive the intent of others and nurture that with open-heartedness, enthusiasm and love.
Jeff grants permission to people to explore directions from the heart, and he is a cheerleader for their imagination and creativity. Through Jeff’s love, you will be ushered into the possibility of becoming an ambassador of a new paradigm and artist of new possibilities…. Run, don’t walk, to this invitation for exploring your unknown and untapped riches.
Jeff’s humility and willingness to not know allowed me to live into a reality beyond the mind and feel the new paradigm living through me. I experienced a new way of seeing that is always right here and never just a set of ideas.
This retreat left me more present in the moment and free from unnecessary tension and worry. I find myself able to engage with the very real problems of the world with steadiness and clarity rather than tense urgency.
Jeff’s approach brought me into deeper clarity and recognition of a depth that has always been in me. I feel ready to take responsibility to live, talk and love from there.
Jeff’s meditation instructions welcome and invite spiritual freedom. My imagination and capacity for creative problem solving grew tremendously due to this experience. I am excited to bring forth a new paradigm and motivated to be my higher self.
The power of my meditation practice has deepened exponentially.